Official WD City of Heroes Thread - Page 5
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Official WD City of Heroes Thread

Hybrid View

...Not going to happen.

Bummer.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Hehe.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Who is that, stalking along the mini-mall parking lot! It is Bomb Jack, hands clutching a mighty sword! And with a vengeful cry, his voice cometh:

"I'm going to bruise you with such wanton cruelty, Buddha will explode!"

love that...
    My New Year's resolution: to be intolerant towards those who are intolerant of me, that'll learn 'em!

Sorry about the whiney b!+ch routine last night. Guess getting killed 2 times by the lvl 39 ritiki and then going into major debt put my in a p!$$y mood...

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers
    Sorry about the whiney b!+ch routine last night. Guess getting killed 2 times by the lvl 39 ritiki and then going into major debt put my in a p!$$y mood...
    He really whipped ya good, didn't he?

Question 1: Why did you go back up there a second time?

Question 2: TF Friday evening? I've sent invitations to inept, Carbonado, Diver01 so far. Anyone interested, speak up.

Question 3: Has anyone else noticed how the game tactics are constantly evolving/changing?

Ex.: After yesterday's game, I went to meet up a couple of contacts in Skyway. The first gave me a Tsoo hunting mission with an anti-mez device. I clicked accept, turned around, took a few steps and got ambushed by 2 Tsoo enforcers just like that.

My other contact offered an Outcast hunt. I took it, turned around, waited and looked around for any signs of ambush, ...nothing. Cool.

I spent some time looking around, scoping out other players, and then BAM!

8 Outcasts my level, including a lieutenant, jump me. Barely survived using all health and endurance inspirations and the Dull Pain HP boost power. They even followed me 6-7 blocks down away from where they originally found me. Eventually got them all, but not after I used Rest.

It was unexpected, dangerous, almost costly, but so much fun to see that this game keeps surprising me even when I'm almost level 18.
    Last edited by a d e p t; August 26th, 2004 at 09:22 AM.

Rampaging out of the tarmac, clutching buzzsaw hand extensions, cometh Buzzerbeater! And he gives a gutteral howl:

"When I'm through with you, you're going to get on your girl bike and ride home. Then you will run to your room and cry yourself to sleep on your hope chest!"

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    He really whipped ya good, didn't he?

Question 1: Why did you go back up there a second time?

Question 2: TF Friday evening? I've sent invitations to inept, Carbonado, Diver01 so far. Anyone interested, speak up.

Question 3: Has anyone else noticed how the game tactics are constantly evolving/changing?

Ex.: After yesterday's game, I went to meet up a couple of contacts in Skyway. The first gave me a Tsoo hunting mission with an anti-mez device. I clicked accept, turned around, took a few steps and got ambushed by 2 Tsoo enforcers just like that.

My other contact offered an Outcast hunt. I took it, turned around, waited and looked around for any signs of ambush, ...nothing. Cool.

I spent some time looking around, scoping out other players, and then BAM!

8 Outcasts my level, including a lieutenant, jump me. Barely survived using all health and endurance inspirations and the Dull Pain HP boost power. They even followed me 6-7 blocks down away from where they originally found me. Eventually got them all, but not after I used Rest.

It was unexpected, dangerous, almost costly, but so much fun to see that this game keeps surprising me even when I'm almost level 18.
    Ambushes will happen more and more as you go up in level. I often find that you need to wait around for like 5 minutes for some of them once you get a mission which is stupid. No wonder you see high level guys running about Steel all the time...

Answers:

Yeah, I'm in major debt now...
    1. I'm a moron. Well, I wanted to see where he was and report him to high levels in the town. Also, I thought my force bubble would protect me and it didn't.
    2. OK
    3. Yup. I never see it mentioned in the updates but I know what you mean. Might be a matter of perception.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetheusers
    heck, i would have been peeved too, how much debt is that at your level for double death. maybe you can find a lv15 ritiki and kick his a$$ good, just to make ya feel better
    as for the tactics, i think once we got all that restlessness out of us we finally came together man we were slow to get started

kinda felt bad for booting the kid, but someone we have to explain how to be SKed is probably better off on his own anyways

still had a good time though, whenever we meet up like that, we probably would be better off just sticking to SG members, less hassle.

BTW, am now Lieutenant Major Blaze thx ILTU (if my memory serves me right, it was you who promoted me right?? (played a little too much yesterday me thinks)
    Last edited by i n e p t; August 26th, 2004 at 10:05 AM.
    My New Year's resolution: to be intolerant towards those who are intolerant of me, that'll learn 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by i n e p t
    ...kinda felt bad for booting the kid, but someone we have to explain how to be SKed is probably better off on his own anyways...
    Yeah, it sucks to make a call like that, but he would have been in way over his head. Don't sweat it, I told him my son would look him up and that if I met up with him again I'd SK him and show him the ropes a bit.

We just did not have time for handholding and a team member had already left because of his inexperience/immaturity, so it had to be done.

...BTW, am now Lieutenant Major Blaze thx ILTU (if my memory serves me right, it was you who promoted me right?? (played a little too much yesterday me thinks)
    Wasn't me.

Although I agree with the decision.

That means we can finally get cracking on the Phantoms of War SG for the 15+ characters with exclusive WD membership while keeping a WD presence in Ghosts of War too.

BTW, you available for Friday night'S TF?

You never replied to my question yesterday before I left.

BTW, am now Lieutenant Major Blaze thx ILTU (if my memory serves me right, it was you who promoted me right?? (played a little too much yesterday me thinks)

RG (me) promoted you. Carbo promoted her.

Oh and as for the kid, I don't think he was a kid. 7 year olds do say "I'm 7" as an excuse for things, they get upset if you say they can't do something because they are not old enough.

Also, he already had a sidekick offer on his screen that he had not said yes or no to so we could not even make the offer. I think he was an adult acting like a doof on purpose.
    Last edited by ilovetheusers; August 26th, 2004 at 02:44 PM.

You are soooooo evil.

Still hope you can make it.

I am officially useless today.

Quote Originally Posted by meatwad
    I am officially useless today.
    May be, but doesn't the sense of accomplishment overcome that?

BTW, I just got up 30 minutes ago and I feel great.
    Last edited by a d e p t; August 28th, 2004 at 09:26 AM.

Hey Wrrby, look at what you missed:

Yes... that IS the Toaster King getting a little body work done curtesy of Task Force Vortex.

From what we can tell, we whizzed through the TF in about 4 hours with no healer on the team.

Aumakua's bubbles did the trick, Diverrr, Major Blaze and Buzzerbeater provided ample fireworks while Stalemate and that other guy... Nova Tiger (yeah, that's it) tried to get aggro from the toasters.

The screenshot I regret not taking is the one where you could have seen 2 groups each fighting a Babbage. There was even some confusion as to which team should have engaged which Babbage, but that was quickly resolved with some kind, respectful verbal interaction.

The team members were very supportive to each other to the point of being altruistically generous in DO sharing, everyone knew their roles and the only unfortunate event I think happened was Diverrr getting into debt (twice?).

The SO I got was an endurance cost reduction, so I was thrilled. Got to level 19 too.

Hope you can make it for the next one.